Friday, January 02, 2009

Saying Goodbye to My Blog

I've toyed with the idea of ending my blog for a while for MANY different reasons. The reasons to continue are becoming less important to me these days so I'm feeling the need to say goodbye and the new year seems an appropriate place.

I'm not sure that I'll be leaving for good, but if I do come back I hope to have a different emphasis or purpose for this blog. One of the reasons I've been hesitant to quit is because of my passion for adoption and I've loved hearing from families (a few) who've been inspired to adopt because of my blog...that's PRICELESS to me and so I'm going to have to trust G*d will use me to encourage adoption in another way. I think I'll keep the blog here for a while and you can ALWAYS email me with questions concerning adoption (or anything else) at k95 @ comcast.net (remove spaces).

I know this sounds dramatic, but this is going to be painful for me. I LOVE my blog...which is mostly the problem (if you get what I mean). Blogging has taken far too much of my time and affection.

If I do come back I'd like this to be a little different and since I'm not sure if or how that will be I'm going to say goodbye blog-friends! I've learned so much from you all and hope still to stop by occasionally and visit those of you with blogs.

This may not make sense in this context, but it makes perfect sense to me and is my little reminder:
(on dying to "SELF")

"It is never fun to die. To rip through the dear and tender stuff of which life is made can never be anything but deeply painful. Yet that is what the cross did to Jesus and it is what the cross would do to every man to set him free." Tozer in The Pursuit of God
and another from the same book...
"The man who has God for his treasure has all things in One. Many ordinary treasures may be denied him, or if he is allowed to have them, the enjoyment of them will be so tempered that they will never be necessary to his happiness. Or if he must see them go, one after one, he will scarcely feel a sense of loss, for having the Source of all things he has in One all satisfaction, all pleasure, all delight. Whatever he may lose he has actually lost nothing, for he now has it all in One, and he has it purely, legitimately and forever."

19 incredible comments!:

Heather BT said...

Thanks for all your writing through the years.
Heather BT

Amy said...

I'll miss you! Bless your family and all the paths you travel on! You have a beautiful heart! I've been very encouraged by you.

RamblingMother said...

Happy New Year! Will look forward to a return with a new purpose. Otherwise, thanks for sharing what you have.

Wife of the Pres. said...

*sniff, sniff* you'll be missed at the blah, blah blog. :)

Carla said...

As long as I can contact you when needed (i.e. playdate at some point) I'm good.

I'll miss you though! {hug}

mommy24treasures said...

Bless you Cindy, I pray you have a wonderful year.

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing your family's smiles!!

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing your family's smiles!!

Mommy said...

I have enjoyed following along at the blah blah blahg. Many blessings to you and your beautiful family.

M

Terri said...

Gasp! My eyes are selfishly welling up. However, I know that God is involved...and, how exciting is that!?! :-) Terri

Jane said...

Cindy, Yes, I understand that!!! Blogging takes time. I was amaze how well you did kept your blog up and going. I will miss checking in and keeping up with your friends as weel. (even though I don't know them). Your blog always gave me something to "think" about as you are very insightful, wise and always aware of the news going in the adoption world, politics, etc. etc. Jada will miss seeing pictures of Myiah as well. Jane

Anonymous said...

Thank you so so much Cindy. In our journey to adopt our first daughter, and now our second, your blog has given me much inspiration and hope. I have greatly enjoyed following your blogs over the past few years and wish you and your lovely family all the very best for the future.

Anonymous said...

I've only followed for the past two years or so, from the point of Mei Lin, but you KNOW how much that you have encouraged me in our adoption. You are a very blessed and wise woman to give so much of yourself to those of us out there in blog-world. Bless you for giving. He has mightily used you in my life.
In Him, Liesl

Sharon said...

Noooooooooooo!!

haha I know, I know, really. I haven't even come onto the computer in three days because I really know.

I just selfishly pray that you will stick a tri monthly update or something on here so we can keep up. Its like coming to visit your house and having a good conversation with you!

But what ever you think is best is really what is best.

I will miss you more than I can say and I have already told you many times what your heart and your ways of expressions have meant to me. I really like tp play follow the leader with you because I trust you so much. That is saying a huge thing Cindy.

Bless you always most wonderful of women.

Love always,
Sharon

PS you better pop over and connect with me every once and a while!!!!!

PS I also have a feeling that with your computer talents, God will place a mission in your mind and heart one day for this very useful communication and far reaching tool!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sad, even though our neighborhoods are across the street from one another, we just don't get to visit often enough. I've enjoyed viewing the photos and reading about your adventures. Guess we'll have to schedule more play time in the future!

All my best,
Nancy :)

Jenn said...

Oh Cindy, I will miss reading your blah, blah, blog (which is never "blah") and seeing your pictures. But I totally understand.

lorihays said...

I just found your blog - don't leave! Your pictures are gorgeous! What kind of camera do you use?! Give yourself some time and maybe you'll be ready to come back later......

Blessings,
Lori

Sharon said...

Just popped over to see if you could stand not posting Easter photos. lol. Wishful thinking. Miss you and hope you all are super great!

Naomi said...

Okay,
So I now discovered your blog (4/24/09) and see that you are not posting anymore!! I am not even sure if you will get this but I am especially interested in your story because we are waiting for TA for a 1 year old little girl from Kunming, Yunnan also AND with ASD unrepaired!! Mei Lin is so adorable. My older son is hoping that Lydia looks like Mei Lin when she is her age!! We are not able to get am update on her and the only photo we have is when Lydia was 4 months old. Ddi Mei Lin ever need surgery?

This is a link to our blog
www.lydiahope.blogspot.com
I would love to hear from you!!!
Naomi